Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mum...you are divine

I go to the kitchen to make my morning tea

But I don’t have your love to pour into

It’s Sunday, but my mind is so occupied
With the endless list of “to dos” for the coming week


I prepare lunch, the food gets overcooked
And I pray I don’t have to do it all over again


MOM, you love me since the days when I knew you not
You too had endless list of “to dos” but you never forgot a single task ever
Everyday, you lovingly offered me the morning cup of tea which was usually sacrificed over those “five minutes more” sleep;
And patiently swallowed all my tantrums when I refused eating lunch which you had cooked giving up your afternoon siesta…


Playing several different roles for endless hours with utmost perfection
You still looked as fresh as morning dew
Your smile and love made that house a home
That I feel proud to call my own

Now that I have stepped into the journey of womanhood
I realize it’s all about WE rather than ME
And ma, you have demonstrated this in the most beautiful and dignified way


An angel personified, that’s what you are Ma
I wish I could be like you…

LOVE YOU
Happy Mother’s Day!

2 comments:

Indresh said...

:) the "WE" thing, I liked.

Me said...

Yep, that's the crux :)